How to read your email using Mac Mail (for OSX v.10.7)
This article explains how to use IMAP to retrieve Yahoo! Mail messages in Apple's Lion OSX email client.
To read your email using Apple's Lion OSX email client, please follow the steps below:
- Open System Preferences.
- Under Internet & Wireless, select Mail, Contacts & Calendars. On the next screen, a list of email providers appears.
- Click Yahoo!.
- Enter your full name, Yahoo! ID, and Yahoo! password, then click Set up.
- Select the applications you want to use. Be sure to check the box next to Mail, and you can also select Contacts, Calendar, and Chat if you wish.
- Click Add account. On the "Mail, Contacts & Calendar" menu, your Yahoo! account will appear in the Accounts list in the column on the left.
- To access your Yahoo! Mail, click the Yahoo! Mail icon.