Emailing a group of contacts
To send an email to a group of contacts:
- Go to Yahoo! Mail.
- Click New.
- The Compose Mail window opens.
- Click To.
- The Yahoo! Address Book window opens.
- Check the appropriate box beside each person that you want to send the email message to.
- To: Required, at least one person needs to be entered in the "To" box.
- Cc: (Carbon copy) Cc is optional and is for additional contacts.
- Bcc: (Blind carbon copy) Bcc is optional and sends the email to someone, but their name will not appear in the address block of the Sent mail.
- Click Insert Checked Contacts when you have completed your selection.
- The contact information will be entered in the appropriate boxes in the Compose Mail window.
- Continue with composing your email.
If you're having difficulty sending a message to more than ten contacts:
- Break into a few smaller groups: If you're adding more than ten contacts and having difficulty sending the message, try breaking up the group of recipients into groups of ten or less.
- Create a contact list by making a category: If you will be emailing this group again, see our help article about creating contact lists using categories.