Adding reminders to an event
You can create reminders to alert you by email or instant message before your calendar events.
- When: You can set two separate reminders to notify you anywhere from 5 minutes to 14 days before an event.
- How: You can then specify how you want to receive event reminders after setting up when to receive them.
- Receive reminders via email or an instant message, or both.
To set up an event reminder:
- Double-click on an event in the Day, Week, or Month view.
- The Edit Event window opens.
- First reminder: Select a time from the Remind menu.
- The + (plus) button and additional reminder options display.
- Optional second reminder: Click the + (plus) button to add an additional reminder.
- Check the box for the delivery method you prefer:
- Yahoo! Messenger for instant messages
- Click Save.
- Important information about using Yahoo! Messenger for your reminders:
You must be signed in to Yahoo! Messenger:
- At reminder time: Be sure you're signed in to Yahoo! Messenger at the time that you are scheduled to receive the reminder.
- The same ID: Use the same Yahoo! ID that you used to set up the reminder in Yahoo! Calendar.
- SMS text message reminders are no longer available:
- It is no longer possible to set up reminders via SMS text message.
- If you previously set up SMS text message reminders while they were available, they will no longer function.
- Learn more, see our help articles about:
- Troubleshooting for not receiving your reminders
- Turning off reminders