How to upload a file
This article describes how to upload a file to a group.
You can upload many types of files from your computer to your group's page, including Microsoft Office documents, HTML files, photo (JPEG only) and image file formats (such as JPEG, GIF, and BMP), and sound files (such as MP3, Real Media, WAV, and AIFF). You may only upload one file at a time, and there is a 5MB limit per file.
Note: The Yahoo! Groups Terms of Service prohibits uploading copyrighted files and photos without the permission of the copyright owner.
To upload a file:
- Click Files from the list on the left side of your group's page.
- If there are multiple folders in the "Files" section, browse through them until you find the one to which you'd like to add the file.
- Click Add File.
- In the "Add File" window, locate the file you want to upload from your computer by clicking Browse.
- Double-click the file's name and type a description for the file.
- If you're the group moderator, you can choose one of the delivery options listed under "Auto-send to Members" for sending group members the uploaded file.
- To send an email message to the group announcing the file, select the Notification checkbox.
- Click Upload File.