Using the "Add Members" feature in groups created prior to April 9, 2012
Learn how moderators with sufficient privileges can add members directly to their Yahoo! groups created prior to April 9, 2012.
To directly add up to 10 new members to your group:
Note: This feature is only available to groups created prior to April 9, 2012. For these groups, we highly recommend that you use the "Invite Members" feature rather than the "Add Members" feature.
- Go to the My Groups page.
- Select the name of the group to which you would like to invite or add members.
- Select Invite on the left side of the page.
- Select Add Members at the bottom of the page.
- Enter the email addresses of the new members in the field provided, one per line.
- Select Continue.
Note: If you need to make any changes, click Edit.
- Select Add Members to directly add your new members.
Important notes regarding the "Add Members" feature:
- Moderators for groups created before April 9, 2012 have the option to directly add up to 10 members within a "rolling" 24-hour period. (For example, if you add 4 members at 9 a.m. and later that day, add 6 members at 2 p.m., you have added a total of 10 members for the day. At this point, you will not be able to add any additional members until 9 a.m. on the following day. Please note that at 9 a.m., you will be able to add only 4 more members. You must wait until 2 p.m. until you can add any additional members for the day.)
- Yahoo! Groups has a strict anti-spam policy. Moderators who add email addresses against the account holder's permission will risk the deletion of their group. Please use this feature responsibly. We recommend that you refer to the Terms of Service before adding members directly.
Note: Bouncing addresses will not be added to any groups until the bounce status is cleared. Unsubscribing and resubscribing will not clear the bounce status.