My email address is being revealed
This article describes how and when your email address is displayed in Yahoo! Groups.
If you post a message to a group, your email address will display in full to all members of the group who receive messages via email, just as it would with any other email you send.
Note: If the group is configured to allow members to hide their email address -- a setting determined by the moderators of the group -- and you choose this option when joining the group, we will not display your email address either on the web or in email. Please be aware that if you choose this option:
- You will not be able to post via email
- Group members will not be able to send replies to you via email.
- Hiding your email address in this way will not work for users whose full email address is their Yahoo! ID, a group that includes most Yahoo! Mail, Rocketmail users, and broadband partner users, including SBCGlobal, Rogers, and BTInternet, as well as some other users.
Email addresses are not displayed on the website except in the following circumstances:
- Moderators always have access to a full list of the email addresses of all their members (with the exception of members who have chosen to hide their email address in groups that offer this option).
- If your Yahoo! ID is your full email address (see the description above), then other members of the group will see part of your email address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org will simply display as “john@”) on the Members page and next to any content you post to the group, while moderators will see your full email address.
If your Yahoo! Profile settings include an email address that is public, members of the group will be able to access it if they click on your display name, which will take them to your Yahoo! Profile page.