How to set moderator privileges
This article explains how a group owner, or moderator with sufficient privileges, can assign the following moderator privileges to a co-moderator:
- Approve pending messages and photos
- Approve pending members
- Invite and add members
- Note: The "Add Members" feature that allowed adding up to 10 new group members in a single session has been discontinued for newly created groups as of April 11, 2012. This feature will remain available for groups created prior to April 11, 2012.
- Remove members and reset bouncing members
- Add, remove, and change moderator privileges
- Set auto-send options for files
- Change group settings
- Delete this group
If you’re the list owner or a moderator with the ability to add, remove, and change moderator privileges, then you can assign additional privileges to one of your co-moderators.
To assign moderator privileges, locate the moderator in the "Members" list, and click Edit Membership. Under "Moderator Privileges" you can set the following options:
- Approve pending messages and photos: Gives the moderator the right to approve pending messages and photos.
- Approve pending members: Gives the moderator the right to approve pending membership requests.
- Invite and add members: Gives the moderator the right to invite people to the group.
- Remove members and reset bouncing members: Gives the moderator the ability to unsubscribe members and to reset bouncing members.
- Ban members: Gives the moderator the right to ban members from the group. Important note: this also gives the moderator the ability to ban other moderators or the group owner. Please use caution when giving this privilege.
- Add, remove, and change moderator privileges: Gives the moderator to make members moderators or to change the privileges of existing moderators. NOTE: A very important power that should be granted only to people you trust.
- Set auto-send options for files: Gives the moderator the power to send automatic messages to the Group (like the welcome message).
- Change Group settings: Gives the moderator the power to change settings for the group. Another very important power that should be granted carefully.
- Delete this Group: Gives the moderator the power to permanently delete the group. Since this can only be reversed by Yahoo! Customer Support (and only within 30 days of a deletion), another power that should be granted very carefully.
To remove all moderator privileges, click Change to Member. This reverts the member to a regular subscription.