Difficulty accessing a Yahoo! Group using a Facebook or Google login
This article explains the difficulty you may have if you access your Yahoo! Groups when you are continually being asked to "create profile." This happens when logging in using your Google or Facebook login.
This issue is often seen when signing in with a Facebook or Google ID that does not use a profile.
You can set up a profile for use with Yahoo! Groups by doing the following:
- Go to the main Yahoo! Groups page at: http://in.groups.yahoo.com/
- Click either Sign in with Facebook or Sign in with Google , then sign in to that account.
- Click the group you wish to access.
- Click Create new profile. You will be prompted to sign in. Once you have signed in you will be taken to your "Yahoo! Account Info" page.
Note: It's important that you don't click "Close" on this page.
- Click Add an alias. Then type in the alias you wish to use, and click Save.
- Click Close. You will be taken to a page where you choose your profile.
- Click Continue.
- Click View Group to access your group.