How to change who can view messages in your group
This article describes how to change the message archive settings in a group. Includes a description of each setting choice and its affect on who can view your group's messages.
Here’s how to access archived messages:
- Click Management on the left side of any group page.
- Click Messages in the "Group Settings" section.
- Click Edit next to "Postings and Archives".
- Under archive options:
- Select Anyone if you want to make your message archive completely public (which allows you to create an RSS (Really Simple Syndication) feed for your group and makes it more likely that new users can discover your group through search engines).
- Select Members if you want to restrict access to the group to just members.
- Select Moderators to limit access to just moderators.
- Select Off to turn off archiving for the group completely
- Click Save Changes.