How to change membership settings for a member
This article explains how moderators with sufficient privileges can make the following changes to members' membership settings on an individual basis.
To change the membership settings of any member:
- Click Members on the left side of any page
- Click Edit Membership under any member's name.
On this page you can:
- Request a profile: This is for email-only members who don’t use a Yahoo! email address. By clicking Request a profile in the Yahoo! ID column, you ask a member to include their profile in the Group. This gives them access to the Group's web features, and it also gives you and the rest of the group a way to learn more about the member, since the information shown in their Yahoo! Profile will be displayed to the group.
- Adjust message delivery: If a member is having problems adjusting email message delivery settings, you can help. (Choose from Individual Emails, Special Notices, Daily Digest, No Email.)
- Adjust message format: If a member is having problems adjusting email message format settings, you can help. Choose either "fully featured" or "traditional". The "default" setting is a setting that just means a person never selected either. Currently, individual email set to "default" receive the traditional format but soon all "default" users will receive "fully featured" email. Learn more about the "Fully Featured" emails formats.
- Adjust membership privileges: Change a person's membership level and the privileges associated with it (Member, Moderator, Owner).
- Adjust message posting settings: You can change a person's message posting setting to be different from the general group setting. (Choose from Moderated, Unmoderated, Cannot Post.)The most common reason to change this setting is to make an individual's message posts moderated due to off-topic/high-volume posting. You can make one member's posts moderated without affecting the other members' messages. You can always change this setting once you feel the moderated member deserves to be unmoderated again.
To change this setting:
- Click Edit Membership under the member’s name
- Click Edit next to the "Posting Messages: Override" setting at the very bottom of the page.
- Choose the setting you want, then click Save Changes.
- File uploading: Prevent an individual member from uploading files to the Files section of the Group.
- Once you edit the settings on this page, click Save Changes, or click Cancel to revert to the previously saved changes.
Also on this page, you can select:
- Remove Member to remove a member.
- Ban Member to ban a member.