Subscribed to a Yahoo! group, but unable to access web features
This article explains how it is possible to be subscribed to a Yahoo! group, but still unable to access the group's web features, and lists ways to prevent this from happening.
It's possible to just join a group email list and therefore not have access to the group's web features. This can occur if you haven't linked your email address to your Yahoo! account (Yahoo! ID) and one of the following happens:
- The group owner adds your email address to the group.
- You joined the group by sending a "subscribe" request via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- You replied via email to a membership invitation, rather than clicking on "Join this group!".
To prevent this from occurring in the future, please make sure that you:
- Go to the Yahoo! Account page to associate your Yahoo! account to the email address that you used to subscribe to the group. (You'll be asked to verify your password before accessing your account information.)
- Go to the Yahoo! Groups Membership Wizard to convert your membership(s) to Web Membership(s).
- Join a group via the Yahoo! Groups website. Your group's website is located at groups.yahoo.com/group/groupname, where "groupname" is the name of your group. (Hint: To find the name of your group, look in the email you receive from the group. In the "To" field of the email, the groupname appears as email@example.com)