Unsubscribing from a group
Learn how a member can unsubscribe from a group either via the web or via email, and how an owner or moderator can unsubscribe from their group.
To unsubscribe via the web:
- Go to the My Groups page.
Note: If you are not already signed in, you will be prompted to do so.
- Select the Edit My Groups tab.
- In the "Leave Group" column, select the checkbox next to the group you plan to leave.
- Select Save Changes.
To unsubscribe from a group via email:
- Send a blank message from your subscribed email address to [group name]-firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Replace "[group name]" with the exact name of the group you wish to leave.
-You will then be sent a confirmation email
- Respond to the confimation email in order to unsubscribe.
Note: If you do not receive the confirmation email, please check your spam folder.
To unsubscribe as from a group if you are the group's owner or moderator:
- Select Edit Membership near the title of any page in your group.
- Select Leave Group.
- Select Confirm.
Note: If you are the group’s only owner, you must first transfer ownership to another member in order to unsubscribe.
If being overwhelmed by too many email messages is your primary reason for leaving the group, you may wish to consider changing your email delivery preference instead.