How to delete an Alias
Aliases are an extension of a Yahoo! Account which are intended to mask the account's primary Yahoo! ID. This article explains how to remove an Alias from your account.
Note: Once an Alias has removed, it may be recycled for reuse. We are unable to provide an estimated time for this process, and there is no guarantee that it will become available for reuse.
To delete your Alias:
- Access your Yahoo! Account Information Page.
- Note: You may be prompted to confirm your password.
- Under "Account Settings" click Manage your Yahoo! aliases
- Click Delete next to the alias you want to delete.
- Click Delete Now to confirm your deletion.
Note: If you'd like to delete your main Yahoo! ID or the Yahoo! ID you use for your email address, you will need to remove the entire account and everything associated with that main Yahoo! ID. Instructions for removing your entire account can be found through our Registration help page.