Adjusting Java security settings for Yahoo! Finance MarketTracker
This article provides steps for resolving issues with Java security settings for Yahoo! Finance MarketTracker and addresses the following:
- Java certificate warning that appears when launching MarketTracker
- A system error or prompt that occurs after clicking Launch
- A request to "Block potentially unsafe components from being run"
- A notification that "Java has discovered applications components that could indicate a security concern"
- Display errors that may occur once MarketTracker has opened
To resolve Java security certificate warnings for MarketTracker, Java's security certificate handling may need to be modified. Please refer to the following steps:
- Launch the Java Control Panel:
- Click Start.
- Choose Settings | Control Panel (Windows XP) or choose Control Panel (Windows Vista/Windows 7).
- Double-click "Java."
- Adjust the Java security settings:
- Click the "Advanced" tab at the top-right of the window.
- Click the plus "+" next to "Security".
- Click the plus "+" next to "Mixed Code".
- Select the bubble next to "Enable: hide warning and run with protections."
- Click OK. (The Java Control Panel will close).
- Launch Yahoo! Finance MarketTracker.
- Navigate back to Yahoo! Finance and launch MarketTracker.
- If a warning appears, click No.