Troubleshooting common MarketTracker problems
This document provides troubleshooting assistance for issues experienced with the Yahoo! Finance MarketTracker application. Common issues may include:
- MarketTracker is blank, doesn’t load, or freezes
- MarketTracker displays a “Server Communication” error
- MarketTracker data isn’t Real-Time
- MarketTracker menus or buttons do not work correctly
Yahoo! Finance MarketTracker is a Java applet that relies on your browser and Java to function correctly. To address problems with MarketTracker it may be necessary to troubleshoot your computer system, your browser, Java, or associated programs. The following troubleshooting process and steps can help resolve most issues with Yahoo! Finance MarketTracker.
- Please try each step in the order it is listed.
- After each troubleshooting step, go back to Yahoo! Finance and test to see if the issue is resolved before moving to the next step.
- Check system requirements: Make sure that you meet the minimum system requirements to use Yahoo! Finance and MarketTracker.
- Please refer to the MarketTracker system requirements for more information.
- Complete basic browser troubleshooting: Common browser and system configuration errors can contribute to unexpected behavior in MarketTracker.
- Please complete each steps from our basic troubleshooting for Yahoo! Finance help document.
- Troubleshooting Java installations: If you have damaged or duplicate versions of Java installed on your computer, MarketTracker may not launch.
- Please refer to our MarketTracker fails to launch help document for more information.
- Disable system security: Anti-virus applications may block MarketTracker’s ability to retrieve data from Yahoo! servers.
- Please refer to our MarketTracker launches but does not display data help document for more info.
- Troubleshooting Java security certificates: Incorrectly configured Java security certificates may cause problems with the way information displays or loads in MarketTracker.
- Please refer to our Adjusting Java security settings for Yahoo! Finance MarketTracker help document for more information.