Troubleshooting problems with Streaming Quotes
If Streaming Quotes does not stay on: Your browser's cookies must be enabled in order for Yahoo! Finance to remember your Streaming Quotes setting. This help article about troubleshooting problems with remaining signed-in to Yahoo! can assist you with enabling your browser's cookies.
Troubleshooting delayed and freezing quotes
- Ensure that Streaming Quotes is turned on:
- Visit any quote summary page.
- In the upper-right, click the Streaming gear icon.
- Next to "Streaming Quotes," click OFF to turn the setting on.
-Note: You may also adjust the ticker tape on/off setting from this menu, if available.
- Check that you are using a supported browser. To learn more, see the Yahoo! Finance system requirements.
Note: If the page is inactive for more than 25 minutes, Streaming Quotes stops updating data. Streaming Quotes may also vary due to a variety of other factors, which include trading volume, market conditions, and system performance.
Additional troubleshooting steps
- Ensure that you are using a broadband connection such as T1, cable, Wi-Fi, or FiOS. Streaming Quotes does not work properly with dial-up or ISDN Internet connections.
- Temporarily disable your anti-virus or security software while using Streaming Quotes. Some security software configurations may interfere with streaming. Learn more about how to temporarily turn off anti-virus and security software in this help article.