How do I add a ticker to a Portfolio?
This article describes the steps necessary to add a ticker symbol or holding to one of your Portfolios.
Yahoo! Finance provides several ways to add a ticker to a portfolio. The following steps represent the most common methods:
If you are on the Yahoo! Finance homepage or a quote summary page:
- Type the ticker symbol or company name into the "Get Quotes" search box and click Get Quotes.
- On the resulting quote summary page, click Add to Portfolio, which appears above the chart on the right side of the page.
- Select the Portfolio you would like to add the ticker to and click Add.
If you are viewing one of your existing portfolios:
- Type the ticker symbol or company name into the "Add Symbol" text box that appears below the views toolbar.
- Click Add Symbol.
Note: You can also add a ticker from the "Add/edit holdings" page within your portfolio. To do so:
- Click Add/edit holdings.
- Type the ticker or company name into the "Symbol" box and click the Add Symbol button on the right.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save.