How and when do I put a question up for voting?
This article describes how and when to put a question for voting.
You can put a question up for a vote:
- When there are two or more answers to your question.
- After the question has been up for at least 1 hour.
- Within the 4-day open period and before the question expires.
To put a question up for vote:
- Go to the question.
- Select Edit in the action bar below the question.
- Select Ask for a Vote in the edit menu.
If you take no action and the question expires, it automatically goes to a vote.