How to ask a question
To ask a question:
- Select the text box found underneath Ask and enter your questions
- Click Continue
- If you are not signed in to your Yahoo! account, you will be sent to a sign in page.
- Add more details to your question.
- If Answers suspects a similar question has been asked, it will list it on the right side.
- Click Continue.
- Categorize your question (or leave the default choice).
- Uncheck the Yes, email me answers as they are posted box, if you do not want to get an email with each new answer posted.
- Click Preview.
- If the preview looks correct, click Submit. Otherwise, you can click Edit and make changes.
Options available after your question is posted:
While your question is still open, the following options are available from the Action Bar.
- Interesting!: You will find other Answer members who found your question interesting.
- Email: Email the question to friends and family.
- Edit: there are several editing options available.
- Sharing on social networks: Click any of the social network icons to post your question onto the social network.
The clearer your question is to people reading it, the more likely it is you'll get good answers.
Taking the time to choose the best category for your question will also help make sure it's seen by the people most able to answer your question.
For guidelines on the type of questions that are acceptable, please refer to our Community Guidelines.
If your question doesn't receive any answers, you can extend the open period.