Creating a sign-in seal
A sign-in seal is a secret message or image that you select to help protect your account from password phishing. Yahoo! login pages will display this image or message to let you know you're on a legitimate Yahoo! site.
To create your seal:
- Go to our sign-in seal set-up page and select Start Now.
- Select either Create a text seal or Upload an image to get started.
- Type your secret message or select an image:
- If you're creating a message, type up to three lines of text in the spaces provided. Each line can have up to seven characters. Pick a message that someone else will not be able to guess. Don't include your Yahoo! ID or password in the message.
- If you're using an image, select Browse button and locate the image on your computer.
- Select a background color for your sign-in seal if you want. To see more colors, select See more colors. The color will help you identify your seal whenever you sign in to this computer.
- Click Preview button to see how your seal will look when it's displayed.
- When you're satisfied with the seal, select Save This Seal.
Your sign-in seal is saved to your computer -- if you log in from multiple computers, you will need to create a separate sign-in seal for each one. Be careful not to create a sign-in seal on a computer you share with strangers, such as those in libraries, Internet cafes, and other public places.