Changing time zone and language preferences
Learn how to adjust your account's language or timezone to reflect a change in location or fix incorrect date information on Yahoo! web pages.
Note: While it is possible to perform these steps using most smartphone and tablet devices, we strongly recommend that you make changes to your Yahoo! account information with a desktop web browser.
To change your account's time zone or language:
- Using a desktop or laptop computer, sign in to your Yahoo! Account Information page.
- Under "Account Settings," click Set language and time zone.
- Select your preferred language from "Available Language"
- Select your time zone from the pulldown.
- Click Save.
- Your account's language does not impact the language that your content is delivered in when you visit Yahoo!. To view content in a different language, visit the appropriate international Yahoo! homepage.
- The timestamp on outgoing Yahoo! Mail messages is determined by the Yahoo! Mail servers in California (Pacific Time Zone). It's not possible to change the time stamp from Pacific Time to another time zone.