How an account can be hacked
Learn how to avoid risking your account security.
Ways that your account can be placed at risk
- Not using a strong password.
- Using the same password across multiple online services or applications.
- Choosing a password you’ve previously used.
- Not updating your password at least once per year.
- Responding to a fraudulent "phishing" email with your account information (password, security questions, etc.).
- Giving other people access to your account.
- Leaving your account signed in at a public location.
- Clicking strange, suspicious links.
- Malicious software installed on your computer.
Get the full rundown on account security and learn how to safeguard your Yahoo account.