Can I change my Yahoo! ID or email address?
It is not possible to change your Yahoo! ID or primary email address. However, if you are unhappy with your Yahoo! ID, there are three options which you can explore:
Create an extra email address
With the extra email address, you don't have to delete your account. Please follow these steps to set up an extra email address:
- Sign in to Yahoo! Mail.
- Click the gear icon () in the upper-right corner of the window, and select Mail Options from the menu that appears.The Options menu appears in a new tab.
- Select Mail Accounts in the left column, then click Create an extra email address.
- In the "Extra Email Address" section, either type whatever new address you'd like to try (we'll tell you if it's already taken) or use one of our suggestions on the right.
- Click Choose.
Upon completion, your extra address appears in the list of Yahoo! Mail accounts on this page.
Note: To help prevent spamming, we only allow you to change your extra address twice in one year.
Create an alias
You can add up to six aliases as part of the same Yahoo! account. An alias is like a nickname or your public profile name. Your email address will remain the same but your display name can be anything you want.
To create a new alias:
- Go to your Yahoo! Account Information page.
- Click Manage your Yahoo! aliases under "Account Settings."
- Click Add an alias.
- Create your new alias and click Save.
- Click Close.
Note: You will still need to sign in with your primary Yahoo! ID when accessing some parts of Yahoo!.
Sign up for a new Yahoo! account
If you are dissatisfied with your current Yahoo! ID, you can always sign up for a new account:
- Go to the Yahoo! Registration website.
- Fill out the required information fields.
- Click Create My Account and proceed through the sign-up process.