Transferring emails or data between accounts
Learn what to do if you need to transfer any of the following from one account to another:
- Individual emails
- Your full mailbox, including folders
- In order to transfer single messages, manually forward your desired email message from one account to your other account.
- It is not possible to transfer your entire mailbox to another account using Yahoo! Mail.
- To complete this type of action, we recommend using a third-party product.
- Moving your contacts to a third-party account outside of Yahoo!:
- You will need to export your contacts from Yahoo! Contacts and then import them into your third party account.
- To learn how to export your Yahoo! Contacts, see our help article about exporting contacts.
- Importing into your third-party account: For instructions on how to import into your third-party account, consult their product documentation.
- Moving your Yahoo! Contacts from one Yahoo! account to another Yahoo! account:
- See our help article about importing contacts from one Yahoo! account to another.
- Deleting an account:
- Before closing your Yahoo! account, be sure to take measures to save any valuable information.
- To learn how to delete an account, see our help article about closing your Yahoo! account.