Protect your Yahoo! account against hackers and phishing attempts with these security options and tips!
A compilation of recommended security information articles from Yahoo!.
Read these recommended articles for security options and tips to protect your Yahoo! account against hackers and phishing attempts:
- Enabling SSL: How to enable or disable SSL
- Adding an extra layer of security to your Yahoo! Mail.
- Mobile number in password recovery: Using your mobile phone number for password recovery
- If you have a mobile number on file with your Yahoo! account, you can use it to recover your password.
- Update your secret question: How to change your secret question
- Updating your secret questions will help keep your account more secure.
- Use second sign-in verification: Setting up your second sign-in verification
- Further protect your Yahoo! account by activating the second sign-in verification feature.
- Verifying an authentic Yahoo! sign in page: Using the sign-in seal
- Learn about the sign-in seal and how you can use it to verify that you are on a legitimate or authentic Yahoo! sign in page.
- Recovering your Yahoo! ID: Recover your Yahoo! ID using your alternate email address or security questions
- It is possible to regain access to your account and receive a new password by following the steps in this article.
- Be aware: How an account can be compromised
- Learn about several of the ways that your Yahoo! ID or Yahoo! account can be placed at risk.
- Password protection: Tips for Strong, Secure Passwords
- A strong password is your first line of defense against intruders and imposters.
- Phishing avoidance tips: How to recognize a phishing email
- Tips to help you avoid being taken in by phishers trying to obtain your confidential information.
- OnGuardOnline.gov - Avoid these online scams: Common Online Scams
- Tips for protecting yourself from online scams from this U.S. federal government website established to help you to be safe, secure, and responsible online.