Viewing the full header of an email
An email's full header contains detailed information about who sent the email, to whom, and using what route. Full headers can help identify who really sent an email -- even if it isn't obvious from the address that appears in the "From" field. By default, Yahoo! Mail displays an abbreviated standard header for all emails, with just the sender's address, the recipient address(es), the subject, and the time received. You can easily view the full header, however, by following the steps below.
Note: If you have received a request from the Yahoo! Customer Care Team to provide headers of an email please see the steps below. If you are trying to report spam, see how to mark an email for spam.
To display the full header in Yahoo! Mail:
- Open Yahoo! Mail and open an email.
- Click Actions | View Full Header.
- The full header will open in a new window.
To display the full header Yahoo! Mail Classic:
- Open Yahoo! Mail Classic and open an email.
- Below the email on the far left side, click the link that says Full Headers.
- To return to the standard header, click the Compact Headers link.