Secret questions locked
You may be locked out of your account. Here are some reasons why this could happen :
- If you haven't accessed your account in some time.
- Your account may have been compromised.
- There were at least three failed login attempts.
- You could have mis-typed your password three times.
- Someone may have tried to access you account, not knowing your password.
Here is how you can regain access to your account:
- Using a Mobile number. A code can be sent to your mobile phone that can help you gain access to your Yahoo! account.
- Using your Secret questions. This can clear the lock on your account, but still may require a 24-hour waiting period to regain access.
- You may be asked to change you password. (This is a good idea anyway, especially if your account was compromised.)
- Using an alternate email address. A link is sent to your alternate email address. (Again, this may reqire a 24-hour waiting period.)