Login Activity page displays strange IP (Internet Protocol) address
If you are seeing an IP (Internet Protocol) address that differs from your usual IP address, it could be because:
- You have recently accessed your account from a different location
- Someone else may have accessed your account.
- Your Internet provider may use proxy servers. (These may be located in a different city than the one you are in.)
- As a result, you may see login activity that looks suspicious, but that is actually your own login activity.
If you believe somebody is accessing your Yahoo!7 account without your authorization, these steps can help you protect your account:
- Sign out each time you are finished using your account.
- You may also want to completely exit or close the Web browser you have been using. This is especially important for users who are using a public computer.
- Change your password. Choose a strong password that is a mixture of upper and lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols.
- Change your security questions. We use your security question/secret answers as a method for issuing you a new password.
For additional information on ways to protect your information online, please visit the Yahoo!7 Security Center.