Sign-in Seal Troubleshooting
The user is experiencing difficulties with the Sign-in Seal for two reasons:
- The Seal disappeared off of the login page.
- There is no option to create a new Seal on the login page.
If you have previously created a Sign-in Seal that is not appearing when you return to log in or the option to create the seal is missing, it could be due to your browser or security software settings.
Your Sign-in Seal disappears each time you come back to the Yahoo! Sign-in page:
A missing Sign-in Seal is often caused when the cookies in your browser are erased. If you routinely delete your cache and cookies from your Web browser, you risk losing your Sign-in Seal, and you will need to recreate it. Additionally, some Web browser add-ons and computer security software automatically clear the cache and cookies every time a user closes their browser or shuts down their system, removing the Sign-in Seal.
- You will need to create a new Sign-in Seal. This will recreate the cookie for the browser and bring back the Sign-in Seal.
The option to create a new Sign-in Seal is not appearing:
- This issue may be due to your Web browser not being set to accept cookies.
- You will need to create a new Sign-in Seal from within your Yahoo! account.
To create a new Sign-in Seal from within the account:
- Sign in to your Yahoo! Account Information page.
- Under "Sign-In and Security," click Create a sign-in seal.
Note: Your Sign-in Seal is saved to your computer, as it's a feature of your Web browser. Although you do have the option of creating a new Seal from within your Yahoo! account, it's not linked specifically to your account. Therefore, if you log in from multiple computers, you will need to create a separate Sign-in Seal for each one. Be careful not to create a Sign-in seal on a computer you share with strangers, such as those in libraries, Internet cafes, and other public places.