Yahoo! Avatars discontinuing on April 1
Effective April 1, 2013, we will no longer support Yahoo! Avatars. If you like your existing avatar and want to continue using it with our products, download the image from your browser by April 1 and upload at Yahoo! Profile.
To download your avatar image from your browser:
- Go to the Yahoo! Avatars download page.
- Pick a picture size and format (PNG or JPG) and click the appropriate Download button.
- In the download window, choose to save the file and select a download location.
Note: Some browsers automatically save files to your "Downloads" folder.
To upload your saved avatar image at Yahoo! Profile:
- Go to Yahoo! Profile.
- Click the image above your nickname and select Upload.
- In the Upload window, browse to your downloaded Avatar and click Open.
- Use the slider bar to change the size of your image or reposition the image by clicking and dragging.
- When you are finished, click Save.
Effective April 1, 2013, we will also no longer support the Avatars YQL table.