Basic troubleshooting for Yahoo! Finance
Browser troubleshooting steps can resolve issues experienced on Yahoo! Finance, such as:
- Slow page loads
- "Cannot display page" errors
- Video playback issues
- Problems with data updates
We recommend completing each step in the listed order. After each troubleshooting task, you can go back to Yahoo! Finance and test to see if the issue is resolved before moving to the next step.
Note: To troubleshoot problems specifically with Streaming Quotes, please see our Streaming Quotes troubleshooting help article.
- Ensure your computer meets the system requirements. If you use an outdated or unsupported browser or browser plugin, you may experience limited functionality on Yahoo! Finance. To learn more about supported browsers and plugins and to upgrade your browser, please see our help article about Yahoo! Finance system requirements.
- Clear your browser's cache and cookies. Old or damaged temporary Internet files (cache and cookies) can cause unexpected behavior on Yahoo! Finance. Please see our help article about clearing your browser's cache and cookies.
- Turn off browser add-ons and plugins. Certain browser add-ons and plugins can cause Yahoo! Finance to function incorrectly. See this help article to learn how to turn off add-ons and plugins.
- Try a different browser. To download a different supported browser, please see the article referenced in step 1.
- Test from another computer. In order to isolate the cause of the issue, try to access Yahoo! Finance from another computer.