Using the Yahoo! Axis desktop add-on
This article explains how to use the Yahoo! Axis add-on for Internet browsers.
The Yahoo! Axis desktop add-on installs onto your currently supported desktop browser and uses the functionality of your desktop browser. Below are some of the controls specific to the Axis desktop add-on:
- Search Box – clicking into the Search Box will open Yahoo! Axis and display the current trending search. As you type, get search suggestions, visual snapshots of web results, and quick answers to common searches like the weather forecast or local movie show times.
- Navigating Search Results – with Yahoo! Axis open, place the mouse cursor over the search results and navigation buttons will appear. Click the left buttonLeft scroll button to see the previous set of results. Click the right buttonRight scroll button to see the next set of search results.
- Going to a Search Result – you are can go to a Search Result by clicking the web result card.
- Image Search – With search results showing, click the Search Type ButtonDrawer Icon at the bottom left. A panel will open giving you an option to search for either ‘web’ or ‘image’ results. Clicking image will display image results for anything you search. To change back to web results, click the Search Type ButtonDrawer Icon again and click web.
- Bookmark Page ButtonStar Icon – clicking this icon allows you to save the web page you are currently viewing to your bookmarks.
Home ButtonHome Icon – clicking the home button will take you to the Yahoo! Axis home page. The home page shows you your favorite bookmarked web pages and the last thing you were doing on your other devices. With one click you can pick up from where you left off.
Yahoo! LogoYahoo! logo – clicking the Yahoo! logo will take you to www.yahoo.com.
Bookmark ManagerRibbon Icon – view and organize your saved bookmarks. Clicking any of your saved bookmarks will take you to that web page.
Login/Logout – clicking the login link in the Yahoo! Axis Bar allows you to log in with your Yahoo! ID, Google or Facebook accounts. You can log out at any time. Logging out will turn off the ability to link your experience across devices.
Close Axis - clicking on the Xupper right corner of the Axis window closes the Yahoo! Axis display and displays your webpage in fullscreen mode. To open Yahoo! Axis, reload the web page or open a new web page.