Using Choose Keepers tool
This article will explain how and when to use the Choose Keepers tool.
The Choose Keepers tool is for leagues where the commissioner has chosen to set a keeper declaration deadline. Teams can use our site to indicate which players they intend to protect or keep. Their selections will not be publicly viewable until the commissioner confirms the declared keepers as final with the Confirm Keeper Players tool.
Keep in mind that since Yahoo! Sports can't know exactly what rules your league enforces with regard to keepers, we can't enforce a legal set of declared keepers. Instead, we display the commissioner-provided note to remind owners of the rules, and allow the commissioner to review and change declared keepers, if necessary. In this note, the commissioner should reiterate how many players each team is allowed to keep and the deadline for when they have to make their selections.
To choose a keeper:
- Make sure you've log in to the Fantasy sports page.
- Choose your league from the Fantasy drop-down menu.
- Select the My Team tab.
- Select the Keepers link.
- Check the box next to the player you want to keep. You may choose up to your league's maximum.
- Select on the Set Keepers button.
Your commissioner will later review your choices, and you will be notified once they have been approved.
For more detailed information about keeper leagues, please check out these articles:
Keeper management tools
- Enabling or disabling keeper tools
- Choose Keepers tool
- Confirm Keepers tool
- Edit Draft Order & Assign Keeper Players tool
Setting up a keeper league
- First-year and transfer keeper leagues
- Re-associating managers to their keeper league teams
- Auction keepers
- Offline keepers
Managing a keeper league