Using second sign-in verification
Online account compromise occurs regularly and will probably always be a problem. Often, hackers look for ways to hijack accounts from millions of unsuspecting consumers. Yahoo! has introduced a stronger user authentication feature that aims to prevent account hijackers from accessing your account. You can further protect your Yahoo! account by activating the second sign-in verification feature.
To activate the second sign-in verification feature:
- Visit the Yahoo! Account Information page.
- Under "Sign-in and Security," click Set up your second sign-in verification.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the second sign-in verification setup. You can either:
- Use either account’s security questions or mobile phone number for verification.
- Use only your mobile phone number for verification.
When you sign-in with an unrecognized device or computer, you will have to answer a security question or verify via your mobile phone. Second sign-in verification will further protect your account from unauthorized access. If you are accessing your account on a device or machine that you use on a regular basis, it should not trigger second sign-in verification.