Setting up IMAP on mobile device or email client
You can access your Yahoo! Mail from another email client or your mobile device using IMAP. For complete instructions on setting up IMAP, please consult your provider's help pages, as the process varies depending on your email client or device.
When setting up IMAP, you will need to use these settings:
- Incoming Server: imap.mail.yahoo.com
- Outgoing Server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
- Incoming Port: 993 with SSL
- Outgoing Port: 465 with SSL or port 587 with SSL/TLS
Note: It is necessary to enable SSL or TLS for Outgoing SMTP port.
- Username: full email address (for example, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Password: the password you use to sign in to your Yahoo! Account
If you are having trouble setting up IMAP, we recommend reviewing the help pages for your email client or your phone.