Correcting Yahoo! Messenger Errors on Mac
If you are experiencing errors using Yahoo! Messenger on Mac, following the steps in this article to ensure software compatibility.
These updates are intended for Mac OS and should ensure better compatibility with Yahoo! Messenger.
To optimize compatibility with Yahoo! Messenger, please check for software updates for your Mac. Here's how:
1. Click the Apple menu and select Software Update.
2. Leave all software downloads selected and click Install.
3. Once all available updates are installed, restart your computer.
Next, please download and install Safari 5:
Please Note: Firefox is compatible with Yahoo! Messenger however, Safari must be installed and up to date for it to function properly.
Last, reset your Web browser configuration and empty the Web browser cache:
1. Open Safari.
2. Click the Safari menu and select Reset Safari.
3. Select checkboxes for all options and click Reset.
4. Click the Safari menu again and select Empty Cache.
5. Click the Empty Cache button.
6. Quit Safari.
Please restart your computer before using Yahoo! Messenger for Mac again to make sure all of your changes have taken effect.