Importing contacts from one Yahoo! account to another
The quickest and easiest way to copy your contact information from one Yahoo! account to another is to use the contacts import tool. To import, start in the account you wish to add the contacts to (the destination), and see the corresponding instructions below.
To import contacts from one Yahoo! account to another Yahoo! account with:
- The newest version of Yahoo! Mail, see our help article about using the contacts import tool.
- Yahoo! Mail Classic:
- Go to the Yahoo! Mail account that you want to import your contacts to and select the Contacts tab.
- Yahoo! Contacts displays.
- Click Tools | Import.
- Contacts Import displays.
- Click Others.
- The Transfer Contacts window opens on Step 1.
- In the Transfer Contacts window:
- Leave the checkmark in the the box for Another Yahoo! Account.
- Type the Yahoo! Email Address and Password in the boxes for the other Yahoo! account that you want to import contacts from.
- Check the checkbox to give Yahoo! your permission.
- Click Continue.
- The Transfer Contacts window opens in Step 2 displaying the contacts from your other Yahoo! account.
- Make any changes you wish to the contact selection.
- Click Import when you have finalized the contact list for import.
- Follow the on screen directions to complete the import of your contacts from your other Yahoo! account.