Troubleshooting steps for temporary access errors
A temporary error may prevent you from accessing your Yahoo! Mail, or may prevent you from opening an individual email.
Occasionally our users experience temporary, transient issues in Yahoo! Mail, and in most cases, these errors resolve themselves without any troubleshooting. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause. When a user receives a temporary access error, our engineers are automatically notified of it, and we will investigate the error on our end. We have found that most of these issues are resolved in a few minutes to a few hours.
The issue may also be resolved by following some simple troubleshooting steps. If you receive any of these errors, please try the solutions below before contacting Customer Care.
General troubleshooting for all Temporary Errors
The steps below will help resolve all Temporary Errors except for Error 8. Instructions on how to troubleshoot Error 8 are available here.
- Refresh your browser and retry accessing your Yahoo! Mail account.
- If this does not work, please proceed to next step.
- Sign out of your Yahoo! Mail.
- Clear your internet browser's cache and cookies.
- Close or disable all other programs and browsers running Yahoo! Mail.
- For example, if you have your Mail open on your mobile phone, log out there.
- Close and restart your web browser.
- Sign in to your Yahoo! Mail.
Note: Temporary errors can be caused by browsers that are not supported by Yahoo! Mail. Please review our help article to ensure that you are using a supported browser and operating system.
If you continue to experience issues after trying the steps above, please contact us.