How do I prevent Safari from signing me in to Yahoo! automatically?
This article describes how to ensure that your Yahoo! account does not automatically sign in when you access a Yahoo! service.
Your Yahoo! account may automatically sign in if:
- Browser AutoFill is enabled.
- Persistent Cookies are saved allowing your account to stay signed in.
To prevent AutoFill from remembering your Yahoo! ID:
If you do not want your browser to remember your Yahoo! ID and password, you can remove it from the settings in Safari.
- Click | Preferences in Windows or Safari | Preferences in Mac OS X
- Select AutoFill
- Click Edit... next to User names and passwords
- Select the User Name for the Yahoo! and click Remove
- Click Done and close the settings window for the changes to take effect
If you would like to disable AutoFill completely, please review the instructions for disabling AutoFill in Safari.
If Persistent Cookies are logging you in:
Persistent Cookies allow you to enter your password and stay signed in for up to two weeks. You can change the length of time you remain signed in to Yahoo! in your Account Information page. Under Sign-in and Security click Change Sign-in Settings, make your selection, and be sure to click Save when you are finished. You will need to sign out of Yahoo! for the changes to take effect. Twis will clear your Persistent Cookie, and you should be prompted to sign in the next time you attempt to access a Yahoo! service.