How do I prevent Google Chrome from saving my Yahoo! ID?
This help article will help disable feature in Chrome that saves your Yahoo! ID, so that the ID does not automatically appear on the Yahoo! sign-in page.
Most Internet browsers have a feature available that will prompt you to store your Yahoo! ID in order to automatically populate on the Yahoo! sign-in page. This feature is enabled by default in Chrome.
To disable Autofill for Google Chrome:
- Click in the top right corner.
- Select Settings.
- Select Personal Stuff | Autofill.
- Uncheck Enable Autofill to fill out web forms in a single click.
- Close the Settings tab for the settings to take effect.
- Return to Yahoo! and sign in.
After completing these steps, the field for the Yahoo! ID should be blank when you visit the Yahoo! sign-in page. If you want to re-enable the Autofill feature, please follow steps 1-3 and uncheck Enable Autofill to fill out web forms in a single click.