How to fix webcam problems by using Video Calling
This article describes the steps to take if:
- Your webcam isn't working or connecting
- You can't use your webcam
- You experience errors when using using your webcam
We suggest using our new video calling feature. It has been known to resolve issues experienced with older webcam broadcasting technology. Our engineers developed video calling as an alternative to traditional webcam broadcasts that uses your webcam for live one-on-one video with a friend.
To find out about the differences between video calling and webcam sharing, read Comparing Video Calling to Webcam Sharing.
To find out how to start a video call, read How to Make a Video Call.
Note: Your webcam has to support the following features to function properly with Yahoo! Messenger:
- Support image sizes of either:
- Small image size: 160 x 120
- Large image size: 320 x 240
- Support RGB, I420, or IYUV formats
If your webcam does support both formats please contact your webcam device manufacturer for troubleshooting help.