Comment posting guidelines
This article explains the guidelines for writing comments on Yahoo! News pages and opinion articles.
Comments on Yahoo! News pages allow you to start discussions, ask questions, and share your opinions. Here are a few things to consider as you post:
- Please be considerate and respectful of your fellow posters.
- Use standard writing style and punctuation. Regular sentences and basic grammar will help others understand you.
- Do not use profanity, obscenities, abusive language, or otherwise objectionable content as determined by Yahoo!, in its sole discretion. Comments should not harass, abuse, or threaten another's personal safety or property, make false statements, defame, or impersonate someone else.
- Remember this is a public forum. Do not post personal information including phone numbers, email or mailing addresses, or credit card information belonging to you or others.
- Do not copy others' material, trademarks, or other intellectual property—it is illegal. This includes cutting and pasting content from other websites. Comments should be your own original thoughts.
- Do not post HTML (Hyper Text Markup Language), viruses, or other malicious code.
Yahoo! reserves the right to refuse or remove any comment that does not comply with these guidelines or the Yahoo! Terms of Service and to terminate your Yahoo! account (including email) for a violation. Yahoo! is not responsible or liable in any way for comments posted by its users.