How bonus points are earned in Fantasy Golf
This article explains when a Fantasy Golf team will be awarded bonus points for top-3 finishes by golfers in their lineup that week.
You will receive a scoring bonus for selecting a golfer who finishes in the top three positions at the conclusion of a PGA Tour event that is included in the Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Golf season.
Bonus points will be distributed as follows:
1st Place: 20 bonus points
2nd Place: 10 bonus points
3rd Place: 5 bonus points
Please note the following:
- To earn bonus points for your team, a golfer must be active for at least one round of the tournament.
- Example: You have Luke Donald in an active roster spot in the second round of the tournament, then move him to your bench for the final two rounds. Donald finishes second in the tournament. Your Fantasy team will be awarded 10 bonus points.
- Full bonus points will be awarded to all golfers involved in a tie for a particular place. There is no split of the bonus points awarded.
- If there is a tie for second place, third-place bonus points will not be awarded. The PGA Tour credits all golfers tied for second with a T-2 finish, and it skips all numbers between 2 and the next golfer not involved in the tie.
- Example: If there is a three-way tie for second, the three involved golfers finish T-2. Each will receive second-place bonus points in Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Golf. The next golfer in the standings is credited with a fifth-place finish.
To see more on scoring in general, please see "Scoring in Fantasy Golf."