Troubleshooting iOS apps
Many common issues with official Yahoo! apps on iOS devices (e.g., iPhone, iPod, iPad) can be resolved by with the following troubleshooting methods:
Force stop and restart the app
- Press your device's Home button to exit the app.
- Press your device's Home button twice to open iOS multi-tasking.
- Tap and hold any of the multi-tasking app icons until all of the app icons begin to shake.
- Tap the minus icon in the corner of the app you want to terminate to force stop.
- Press your device's Home button to close multi-tasking.
- Tap that app's icon on your device's Home screen to restart the app.
Ensure the app is up-to-date
The latest version of the app will usually include fixes to known issues and/or new product features.
- Tap the App Store icon on your device's Home screen.
- Tap Updates.
If your app is listed: Tap Update to download the latest version of the app.
If your app is not listed: Your app version is up-to-date.
Verify that your password does not contain any special characters
At times, mobile devices can experience compatibility issues with passwords that contain special characters. If your password contains any special characters, you can always log in to a desktop computer and change it to something more compatable (but still secure).
If these steps do not resolve your issue:
- Restart the device.
- Uninstall, then re-install the app.
- Consult the Apple iPhone Application Troubleshooting Assistant.