How to use the Fantasy Sports module
The homepage of Yahoo! Sports has a dedicated area that features Fantasy Sports information. The module updates year round to highlight top fantasy players from in-season sports. For active Fantasy players, the player information is replaced with personalized fantasy updates including roster alerts, smack, and messages from all of your leagues. You can take direct action on any update by clicking your team name to adjust your roster or reply to smack and messages. The alerts update frequently, so your roster changes will be reflected in fantasy module within a short amount of time.
- players on buzz index drops that you own
- any starting roster spots that are --empty-- and you have a player on your bench for substitution
- any injured players on your starting roster
- any players on your starting roster that have byes
- any player on your starting roster that has the day or night off for head/head leagues (Basketball/Hockey/Baseball) and you have a player on your bench for substitution
- notice of starting pitcher on the bench (Baseball)
- any proposed trades to you
Smack and Messages:
- latest smack talk by managers
- latest postings to message board
There is also fantasy information on sport homepages, including Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, Golf and NASCAR. These pages display both player information and personalized updates if you are an active Fantasy player. Non-fantasy players and anyone not signed in to Yahoo! will see top players for that sport.
In the player information view for a specific sport, you can add, drop or trade a highlighted player based on the specific league and team listed. If you play in multiple teams or leagues, you can switch between them using the dropdown in the upper right corner. The action icons will update for each player based on the league and team selected.
In the fantasy update view for a specific sport, you will see alerts, smack and messages for your teams and leagues for that sport. This is more focused than the sports homepage, which aggregates alerts from games in all sports.
Don’t forget one other fantasy feature: signed in fantasy players can hover over the Fantasy link in the navigation bar to see a drop-down list of your Fantasy teams and leagues.