Why are some Yahoo! Messenger features grayed out?
This article explains why some features including call buttons, audibles, IMVironments, photo/file sharing, and text formatting may be grayed out when chatting with a particular contact. It also explains why you may receive the following error messages:
- "Configuration doesn't appear to support video calls."
- "Configuration doesn't appear to support voice calls."
Both users are not using the latest version of Yahoo! Messenger.
Some Yahoo! Messenger features will be unavailable if you're communicating with a contact who is using any of the following products:
- Yahoo! Messenger 9 and below
- Yahoo! Messenger in Mail
- Yahoo! Messenger for Mac
- Yahoo! Messenger on mobile devices
- All third-party messaging clients, such as Trillian, Pidgin, or iChat
To ensure full compatibility, both you and your contact must use the latest version of Yahoo! Messenger for Windows.