How to Recover Deleted Contacts in Yahoo! Messenger
This article describes how to recover (or "restore") deleted contacts or address book entries in the desktop and mobile versions of Yahoo! Messenger. This can also be helpful when people are suddenly missing from your Messenger List (or "Contact List").
Contacts were deleted accidentally.
In some cases, it may be possible to restore deleted contacts from your Yahoo! Contacts. To do so, please follow the steps below.
Note: If contacts were deleted from the mobile version of Yahoo! Contacts, you must access Yahoo! Contacts using a desktop computer in order to begin the recovery process.
To restore deleted Messenger contacts with Yahoo! Contacts:
- Sign out of Yahoo! Messenger.
- Sign in to Yahoo! Contacts.
- Select the View All Contacts menu | select Deleted Contacts.
- Select the contact you want to restore to your Messenger List.
- Click the Restore button.
Once you've recovered your contacts, you can re-add them to your Yahoo! Messenger list.
To re-add contacts to your Yahoo! Messenger list:
- Open the "Address Book" Group in Yahoo! Messenger.
- Double-click on the name of the contact you wish to re-add.
- A Conversation (or "IM") window opens for that contact.
- Click the + (plus) icon located on their Conversation window.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to add them.
Restoring contacts that don't appear in your "Deleted Contacts" list:
- If contacts are missing because of a bug, or because your account was compromised, please go to the Yahoo! Contacts Restore Form to request a Contacts restore, and we will do everything in our power to restore your contacts. Before requesting our help, please note the following:
- Recovery is not guaranteed. We will make our best effort to recover your contacts, but doing so is not always possible.
- We can only recover contacts lost in the last 10 days. Because of this short timeline, please contact us immediately when you notice that contacts are missing.