How to configure and check Yahoo! Messenger Voicemail on your PC
Yahoo! Messenger can capture and send voicemail to an email address for future retrieval.
This article describes how to:
- Configure Yahoo! Messenger for voicemail
- Check your voicemail messages
For Yahoo! Messenger 10 and lower:
To use the Yahoo! Messenger voicemail service, you first need to set up an email address where your voicemail can be forwarded. To designate an email address:
- Choose Contacts | Call History
- Click on Set Up Voicemail and choose an email address
Voicemail messages will now automatically be delivered to the address you selected, as an email attachment, in .mp3 format.
To retrieve a voicemail message from an email, select the .mp3 attachment within the email message and open it in your favorite audio player (iTunes, Windows Media Player, and so on).
Please Note: Yahoo! doesn't save a backup of your deleted voicemail message attachments. Please make sure you save a copy on your computer if you don't want to lose the voicemail.
- In the Messenger window, select Conversation History from the "Contacts" menu.
- One of two things happen:
- If this is the first time you’ve opened the Conversation History window, you’ll see a note inviting you to set up your voicemail. Click the Set Up Voicemail button.
- If you’ve already indicated your email address, a line at the bottom of the window tells you where your voicemail is being delivered. If you want to change it, click the Change link.
- Select the email address that you’d like to have your voicemail delivered to, then click the OK button.