Can't sign in to earlier version of Messenger 11.5
Troubleshooting for Messenger 11.5 sign-in issues if you have a build version released before May 31, 2012.
- On May 31, 2012, a Messenger 11.5 build version was released containing an update for resolving many sign-in issues.
- If you have an older version of Messenger 11.5, we recommend upgrading to a newer version of Messenger 11.5 which should resolve many sign-in issues experienced with older build versions.
- Upgrade now: Download the latest version of Yahoo! Messenger.
- For more information, see our help article about how to install or upgrade Yahoo! Messenger.
- Troubleshooting: If upgrading to the latest version of Messenger hasn't fixed this issue, see our help article about troubleshooting Messenger sign-in issues.
- Try Messenger in Mail: Go to Yahoo! Mail and use Messenger in Mail to keep in touch with your contacts.
- For more information, see our help article about using Messenger in Mail.
- Messenger build version number information: Build version numbers 188.8.131.52 and higher contain the sign-in issue update.
- For more information about locating the build number, see our help article about finding the Messenger version number.
- If you recently changed your Yahoo! account password: If you used the Messenger "Remember my ID & Password" feature, you will need to manually update your new password in Messenger.
- For more information, see our help article about updating your password in Messenger after changing your Yahoo! account password.