Webcam not found or not connected errors
This article contains helpful suggestions for troubleshooting if you can't view a contact's webcam, are unable to broadcast with your webcam, or if you are receiving a "no webcam found" error message.
Receiving an error message when trying to access your webcam can be frustrating, but the problem can often be resolved by doing some basic troubleshooting.
Here is a list of some webcam troubleshooting steps:
- If you have an external webcam, check to see if it has become accidentally unplugged from your computer.
- Perhaps another program is using your webcam. Close other programs and try accessing your webcam again.
- If another program has crashed for some reason, it might not have released your webcam successfully. Try closing all programs and restarting your computer.
- If you have an external webcam, it might not have installed correctly. Try reinstalling your webcam software program according to the manufacturer's instructions. For more information, go to How do I reinstall my webcam?
- Perhaps Yahoo! Messenger is using the incorrect camera device on your computer. Try changing the camera source. For more information, go to How do I change my camera source?
- Your webcam might not be configured correctly. Try reconfiguring your webcam according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Your camera might not be not compatible with Yahoo! Messenger. You can verify this by using the webcam compatibility test. To try the webcam compatibility test, go to Webcam Compatibility requirements for Yahoo! Messenger